Sunday, December 02, 2012

I bet you can't do that with your six pack abs!!!


I had a fantastic time hunting in Tennessee this week and the weather cooperated with us (it was cold), allowing us to catch part of the rut.   While sitting in the woods I had plenty of time to think, (yeah that’s dangerous for me), hence this article.   

It’s always good to be in great shape when your hunting since you might actually hit something which would require you to then drag your kill.   That is at least until your all terrain vehicle arrives.   But that’s not what this story is about.  It’s about your six pack abs versus my keg of a gut, and actually since I’ve been gradually losing weight, it’s a baby keg.  

This is what I’m talking about.   Several times while sitting on the ground my rifle was pointing off to the left since I was shooting with my right hand.   It just so happened that I had several deer approach from my right side and there was no way of turning with my rifle without spooking the deer.   I am one of the lucky shooters that can shoot either right or left handed so I decided to shoot left handed, which means my rifle would cover everything on the right side of my shoulder up to in front of me.   Well guess what?   It seems like a memo was sent out to all the deer and they started approaching from left.  Like Jay said, Murphys law.  So I decided to go tactical on the deer.  I always carry my Glock 23 (40S&W), and came to the conclusion if I laid the gun on a backpack next to me it would be within reach so I could pick it up and shoot.   That would seem to work until one doe crossed the creek coming right at me and walked within 6 feet of me and she continued to walk right behind me up the hill.  Every time I inched towards my Glock she would look at me and we would stare at each other.   

So I went back to the think tank and came up with another idea which seemed to work.  Instead of placing my handgun on the backpack next to me I noticed when I sat on the ground my stomach was touching my upper thigh and it would be a good resting place for my handgun.   It was lodged in between my lower stomach and my upper thigh and it wasn’t going anywhere.  A perfect fit.   I’ll bet you can’t do that with your six pack abs.   It should be noted that if you are grossly overweight I really don’t think it’ll work, since you might lose it until of course you stand up.   

It’s a technique that with practice even Santa could use since he has to be politically correct and very careful going through places like New York, D.C., and Commiefornia.    As long as he doesn’t move around in the sled too much and Rudolph keeps him out of too much turbulence, it’s possible for him to be  tacticool.        Stay safe and see you on the next hunt.





P.S.  Seriously folks don't try that unless you're a trained professional like me.   Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter